GBP/USD 14 - 18 graph with support and resistance lines on it. Click to enlarge: CPI: Tuesday, 8:30. CPI is one of the most important eco...
GBP/USD 14 - 18 graph with support and resistance lines on it. Click to enlarge:
- CPI: Tuesday, 8:30. CPI is one of the most important economic indicators and this release can have a major impact on the movement of GBP/USD. CPI has been fairly steady in recent readings, with the previous release of 2.7 matching the forecast. A similar reading is expected in the September release, with an estimate of 2.6%.
- PPI Input: Tuesday, 8:30. Producer Price Input is a key release which measures inflation in the manufacturing sector. Unlike CPI, this inflation indicator tends to show some volatility. The estimate for the upcoming release stands at -0.1%.
- RPI: Tuesday, 8:30. Retail Price Index is similar to CPI, but includes housing costs, which are excluded from CPI. The market has been posting gains slightly above 3% in recent releases and this trend is expected to continue for the September release, with an estimate of 3.2%.
- Claimant Count Change: Wednesday, 8:30. This critical indicator has been improving recently and the August release posted a sharp drop of -32.6 thousand, easily beating the estimate of -21.2 thousand. Another strong drop is anticipated in September, with a forecast of -24.3 thousand. Will the indicator again beat the estimate? The Unemployment Rate is expected to remain at 7.7%.
- Average Earnings Index: Wednesday, 8:30. Average Earnings looks at the change in price that government and businesses are paying fro labor. The indicator dropped to 1.1% last month, and a similar reading is expected in the upcoming release, with an estimate of 1.0%.
- Retail Sales: Thursday, 8:30. Retail Sales is considered the most important consumer spending indicators, and should be treated as a market mover. The indicator disappointed in August, declining by 0.9%. The markets are expecting a turnaround in September, with the estimate standing at 0.5%.